Rules and Regulations
The Cathay Ball 2019 Silent Auction will open for bidding on November 2, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. Each Silent Auction item has its own item number and value which can be found on the bid sheets at the Silent Auction tables.
- A patron desiring to bid must legibly print his/her full name, telephone number, table number and the bid amount on the appropriate bid sheet.
- Under no circumstances may the auction bid sheet be removed.
- Each increase in the bid must equal or exceed the minimum increment stated on the bid sheet in order to constitute a valid bid. Silent Auction bids will be disqualified if the minimum increases not met.
- Each new bid must be written on the next blank line available on the bid sheet.
- Only an auction official may nullify a bid.
- Some restrictions may apply to certain items.
- The Silent Auction will be closed 10 minutes after the final stage performance (approximately at 10:30 p.m.)
- The Cathay Ball’s Masters of Ceremonies will make reminders throughout the evening of the closing times.
- No further bids will be allowed once the closing bell begins to ring in the Silent Auction room.
- The closing bid highlighted or circled by an auction official constitutes the winning bid.
- In the event of a dispute, an auction official will have the final decision on the outcome of the bid.
- The successful bidder will be given a receipt to take to the cashier for payment of the item.
- Payment must be made in full to Mon Sheong Foundation by Cash, MasterCard, Visa or American Express before 11:59 p.m., For item pick-up, please present the receipt stamped with “PAID” or “Mon Sheong Stamp” to an auction official.
- All sales are final. No exchange or refund will be accepted.
All tangible Silent Auction items must be removed from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre at his or her own expense on November 2nd, 2019, unless otherwise arranged. A 20% non – refundable deposit of the final price is required for items marked with an asterisk (*). If full payment is not made and the item is not collected by the successful bidder, then any deposit given by such bidder will be acknowledged as a donation to Mon Sheong Foundation and a receipt will be issued.
Mon Sheong Foundation Cathay Ball Silent Auction Task Force has endeavored to catalogue and describe the Silent Auction items as accurately as possible. However, everything is sold on an “as is, where is” basis. Mon Sheong, its employees and its volunteers, make no expressed or implied representations or warranties whatsoever (including any estimate of value) with respect to item(s) sold. By his or her participation and or purchase, the buyer waives any claim, however, founded, including but not limited to, any claims in contract or tort, against Mon Sheong, its employees, volunteers or the donor of the item purchased. Purchasers are deemed to have knowledge of, and are bound by the restrictions of the donor